AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Monday, March 12, 2007

Keeping Sanity With The Insane.....




I spent a major part of my weekend keeping my sanity by keeping company with the insane. Saturday I went to a crop from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Well, I didn't stay until midnight. I left about 9:00 p.m. I must be getting old. I used to be able to pull those all-nighters, but NO MORE!

Anyhow, I got to scrap with some old scrapping buddies and IT FELT GOOD! The crop was run by my wonderful friend Trish, who happens to have a fabulous knack for entertaining the masses. This girl does everything over the top! The food, giveaways, trivia contest, kits and page-in-a-pinch layouts were just icing! Bravo, Sister!

I shared a table with my old friend Jen B. Now some of you may not know that when I say OLD friend, I am not referring to her age. Jen and I went to high school together. My renewed friendship with Jen is one of the best things I took with me when I left Scraptacular. Jen has a dry sense of humor and she is full of one-liners. I LOVE THIS GIRL!!!! She makes me roar! And even if I try to be serious, she brings on giggles. But, my favorite part about scrapping with her is that she has no expectations for me. She lets me scrap. Admittedly, I am no artist, designer and a rather basic scrapbooker. But, with Jen there is no competition. We are just having a good time, shooting the breeze and enjoying a hobby. Just the way it should be. (And by the way, she is an excellent cook! I am looking forward to new recipies!)

To add to my delight, my friends Nicole, Jenn, Erika and Marti were in attendance. I really forgot what it was like to crop while they sang their "ghetto" tunes in the background. I was thinking about how far their work has come since we worked together. It is nice that they have taken their work to a new level. Plus, it makes me plain old warm inside to be in the room with all of them....just working on our projects. Good times!


Jenn, you complete me.


Trish, I wish you wouldn't bring ants to the dang crops!




Over and out..............................


3 comments:

Trish said...

You make scrap better just by being there and inspiring me to be one with the world!

Trish said...

okay for some reason I can change the fact that everytime I write something it says that Trish wrote it. UGH! so mush for being a computer nerd! JEN B
PS I Wrote the above comment also!

Trish said...

Love you, Val. From the REAL Trish...:)