AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Monday, March 19, 2007

Just Like My Own




There are some perks to raising kids. Yeah...I know. Somedays, those perks don't seem very evident. But one thing I am really starting to appreciate is some of the friends my kids have made over the years. Some of Austin's friends he has had since kindergarten and I have loved watching them change over the years. Some of his "newer" friends have been so much fun getting to know. I love when they come over...honestly, I do. I always try to cook or bake for them. And......they call me "mom." Secretly, I LOVE THAT! They are just good hearted kids. And I feel like they are my own.

Well, Lutheran West suffered a painful loss in Saturday's basketball game. No one felt it more than Trent. He so wanted to see Ohio State's Gymnasium. Don't get me wrong...he loves the longhorns. But he WAILED when he realized we weren't going to Columbus.

For me, the sad part is seeing these kids lose. Many of these kids don't play much during the first few years at West and it would be nice to see them have success in their Junior and Senior years. Actually, they did have a good season. I believe their record was 22-2. But State would have made it even better. And to be even more sappy, I hate the bawling cheerleaders. It breaks me up. And, yes....my mother in law cried too. We are a family of pansies.

Two of Austin's closest friends are on the team. And Trent took the opportunity on Sunday, when they were over, to talk "SMACK" to them. That's right. Trash talk. To High School Boys. This one is looking at a future that involves several black eyes. I just feel it. Thank goodness they "know" Trent and play along. The kids on the playground.....they may be another story someday.

No comments: