AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

We Suffered Through the First Night

It's not the first time Mike has traveled. Not by a long shot. But it has been awhile since his last business trip, so maybe that is why we are missing him so much. When I know he is coming home from work at night...I am fine. If he is leaving on a business trip, I miss him as soon as his feet cross the doorstep.

Running the kids has kept me pretty busy. I did take a breather this afternoon to read Stacy Julian's blog and ONCE AGAIN she hit the nail on the head. She finds THE best quotes and is so eloquent in her journaling that I am green with envy. In her most recent post, Stacy talks of her Grandmother's funeral. (By the way, she showed a photo of the casket at the cemetery and the mountains in the background were beautiful.) She reflects on the life of her grandmother and what we should prioritize in life. And, she used what I will call "the quote of the day."

There is no title, or achievement, no amount of position power or money, no possession, thrilling experience or adventure in this life that is more important than loving and serving those that are your family.

Pretty powerful, isn't it? I think I need to put it on a wall somewhere. I can stare at it on those days when I feel like what I am doing is insignificant. I especially love the "serving" bit. For me, the loving comes easy....but the serving.....eh, not so easy.
Speaking of serving, my friend Trish is holding a crop on Good Friday to benefit autism. GREAT IDEA. What Trish hasn't put out in print is that she is doing it to honor her mother and her health battles. And you know what the kicker is? Although her mom struggles from cancer, she wanted Ali to reach her goal for autism. Now we know where Trish's selflessness comes from. I should also note, we can learn alot from how Trish is living these days. She is not only raising a young family, but she is cooking, cleaning, shoping, driving and serving her parents. If, by chance, you do not read Trish's blog but are interested in the details of the crop....call me.
And Mike, if you are reading this while in Canada..I love you more than ever. And thanks....for serving our family.
Hugs!

1 comment:

Looneybin4me said...

I already reserved my spot for the crop...save me a seat, I will be late getting there..
xoxo
Pam