AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Friday, March 30, 2007

Okay, I need to be paid for this job......

I have noticed something about my kids. Maybe it is because they are sensitive. Maybe I haven't asked them to "suck-it-up" enough. Whatever the reason....my kids are "BIG" people. By that, I do not mean their size. I mean their emotions. If they love you..they love BIG. If they are sad, it is all consuming sadness. If they are angry...you had better seek cover. If they are hurt....BIG hurt. Not just one of my kids...ALL THREE.

Now, on one hand I consider this to be a huge pain in the can. It definately throws a crimper into motherhood. I'm sure the schools think I am nuts. Maybe some people don't even think my kids HAVE parents! HA! As my favorite, Ms. Erma Bombeck wrote: "If someone was to run an ad in the New York Times which read: WANTED: Household drudge, 140 hour week, no retirement, no sick leave, no room of own, no Sundays off. Must be good with animals, kids and hamburger. Must share bath, would 42 million women still apply?" Let's face it. This job of mothering sometimes seems to have no perks what-so-ever! Now, throw in the over-emotional and it can make for a looooonnnnngggg day.

But, now for the other hand. It is better to have feelings than to not feel. And all the people out there that have BIG emotions also have BIG hearts. They are do-gooders. They know compassion. Sure, they use their share of Kleenex, but maybe their emotions save others from tears.

This being said, Trent you WILL NOT embarass yourself in the chapel play. It will be okay. You may actually enjoy it. You are your worst critic. Paige, you are not alone in a room. You light up a room. There is a big difference. You just have to believe in yourself. Austin, putting your heart out there and loving BIG, well that just assures you that one day it will come right back at you. So, don't ever stop being that way.

Maybe one day I will get this motherhood thing down-pat. I'm not betting on it. I will probably start to understand when Trent has children of his own. Yep, just in time to lecture him on everything I think I know. For today, I have three sad faces.....and I'm looking for the right words to cheer these people on.

Okay, really..................I need to get paid for this job.

No comments: