AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Well, Aren't We Funny

Not much going on in the house today. We have more JO Tryouts tonight. This should be interesting because Paige barely slept last night. Why is it that when kids can't sleep...they wake the PARENTS? As if we have to be awake because they are awake.

Anyhoo....a couple of funnies to mention:

Trent: Why didn't the skeleton cross the road?
Mom: I have no clue
Trent: Because he didn't have any guts..

HAR HAR HAR!

Paige came home complaining about religion class today, in a way ONLY Paige could complain. She said something is bugging her. She wants to know why the religion teacher, when giving examples, always makes himself GOD in the example and the kids in class are the sinners. (A complete shocker.) This just cracked me up. Only she would notice this and take offense. (Okay, maybe this isn't that funny. But I know the religion teacher and it made complete sense!) BWHAHAHAHAH! I guess it is a teacher's perk.

Onto the ABC's of ME:

B

My last initial has been "B" my entire life. First I was a Bursley and now I am a Blackburn.
I retired from BP Oil Company when Austin was two years old. I actually loved my job, but loved my son more.
I lived in Bay Village for 12 years and loved it. I think we would still live there if we didn't have the naked neighbor, the fake Christmas Trees and a one car garage.
I have many relatives with the nickname "Bill."
My first dog was named Beau Bijou (french poodle) and my second was named Bogie (English Springer). Bogie was a biter and we had to return him to the breeder.
I am still close friends with my best friend from high school, Barb.
I love to read books, but I can only read in short spurts because it is difficult to concentrate.
I love the Bible. I believe every word is the inherent word of God. It is a really good book. So...try it.
I hate the taste of beer.

Oops....How could I forget? My mother's name is Betty! **kicking self............hard.to.get.leg.up**

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh, finally she updates! Geez you act like there is no audience awaiting your next response! WELL THERE IS!

Love the ABC's - you got some good answers! Hey we know a lot of "bills" I wonder if they are the same people!

Jen Forbus said...

I'm loving the "ABC's", too. Just love all these little tidbits about my "B"uddy!