AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A Chip Off The Old Block?



Many of you may be surprised to know that I know how to play the piano. I took lessons for quite a few years and I still sit down to play every few days. Well, they say that the third time is a charm.....and maybe they are correct. Trent has been begging to take piano lessons. Unfortunately, it doesn't work into the budget right now, so I have decided to teach him. We have a lesson every Monday after school. We have only been working on lessons for two weeks, but I never, EVER have to ask this kid to practice. He goes right to the piano each day after school.

Now, before you get excited, I know I am not going to be able to teach him for too long. I'm just not qualified. But I think this may give him a head start until I can get him into lessons. Hopefully, that will be soon. Until then, I enjoy the time sitting on the piano bench with my little boy, watching him plink away at "Old McDonald."


Okay, one more thing....I just had to post this picture of Trent having his after school snack of apples with peanut butter. Call me crazy, but I love his slouched posture with his feet up on the stool. Just hangin' after a day of school........

I could eat this kid up!

A real Christian is a person who can give his pet parrot to the town gossip.
-Billy Graham

2 comments:

Jen Forbus said...

Can I come to lessons on Mondays?? :) How fun!

Trish said...

He's a DOLL!!! And getting so big! I can't bear to think of Griffin that size some day...