AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Monday, October 22, 2007

Award Winning Weekend!





I had an award-winning weekend. Okay, other than the Cleveland Indians LOSING, I had an award-winning weekend.

Firstly, let me offer a hearty CONGRATULATIONS to my favorite volleyball conference champion...Miss Paige Blackburn! I am proud of this little peanut. She loves this game and she has totally become a leader. Not the kind that is bossy, but the uplifting kind of leader. This weekend's volleyball tournament was a real-nail biter, but the Lady Tigers pulled it off. And it is so cool to see them win since many of these girls have been schoolmates and friends since kindergarten. It's like seeing a whole team grow up before your eyes. So....congratulations ladies!

Secondly, I got to crop this weekend with some of my most favorite people on the planet. Of course, Trish and Jen were in attendance. Where would I be without these two people? Trish, I just continue to study you so that I can copy everything you do and then act like it was an original idea of my own. Jen, if were ever stop having crops in the fall you will be required to make Dinner In A Pumpkin for my family. AND....you are rockin' your new look. I'm totally jealous. Marti, rent the movie "Mouse Hunt." It may strike a chord with you! ;)

As for Mrs. Tina Zarlinga....I am posting the pictures of my insignificant halloween/harvest decorations! I'm going out to buy some more today because I hate to be outdone. You just wait.....Your dog-chewed witches legs are GOING DOWN! HA! You made my day! Just the laughs I needed.

Now, for Miss Jen Forbus! I just love everything about you! You are a warm, loving soul. I think we totally understand eachother in ways no one else would understand. Maybe when we are old, blue-haired ladies we can live next door to each other and own 100 dogs together. Then, no one would turn us into the police for being insane animal lovers! I'm so glad we have become buddies.

Lastly, what the heck happened to the Indians? Trent had a good cry this morning when he heard we had lost. Together, we have decided to cheer on the Colorado Rockies in the World Series. At least NOW my family can get to bed at a decent hour. We will now focus on the Cavs and Buckeyes. Not a day goes by without sports in this house!

Blessings Everyone!

“A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd.”
Max Lucado quote




1 comment:

Jen Forbus said...

Val, you are so awesome! I can't wait till we have all those dogs together!! :) Of course by the time we're blue-haired old ladies, we'll have trouble remembering all their names!! :) I adore you - God knew I need you most, I guess! ;)