AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Be Prepared....

Be prepared for the longest post ever!!! I have been so wrapped up in Christmas (no pun intended) that I haven't had much time to blog.

My sister, Cindy turned the "big 5-0" on November 19. Last weekend we had a small, family get-together to celebrate the momentous occasion. Of course, we had to have a pink cake. If you know Cindy, you know she loves everything pink, girly and gaudy. Love her.

Secondly, I have a new scout in my house and he is getting pretty darn excited about the pinewood derby. He came home from his pack meeting with a block of wood and four wheels, thinking I (a.k.a. Crafty Mom) knew how to make a car! HA! Noooo....that is something for dad. I just take the pictures of cute cub scouts!


I have been busy crafting some Christmas gifts and decorating the house. As promised (especially for dear Tina) here are some pics of the house AND of a few button trees I made (along with every other scrapbooker on the planet).

I must give credit where credit is due. Most of my "decorating" has been stolen (and yes, I mean stolen) from Trish Turay. What can I say? She is amazing!

I honestly do not know what I am going to do when Trent is no longer making Christmas ornaments in school. When we put our tree up this year, Paige said we have a "kid" tree. And you know what? We do. And I love that it has everything from a puppet made from popsicle sticks to beaded candy canes....all made at the hands of my kids. Today, my heart warmed when Trent brought home our latest edition. I love it. Frankly, I have been on the search for ornaments lately, and I have found nothing better than this!


Now....onto the letter "P." I have to get through this alphabet!
I have a beautiful daughter named Paige. I basically love everything about her. She is goodness and love rolled into one. I am SO thankful for this child.
I have an older sister, Pam. Pam is a really good person and an excellent nurse. AND she sends nasty jokes by email.
I love anything and everything pumpkin. I love the look of pumpkins during harvest. I love to eat pumpkin roll, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin bread, dinner in a pumpkin...you name it.
I work for 7 years in the Patent & License Law Department at Standard Oil/BP Oil. It was....quite an experience.
I am a planner. I plan ahead.....like years ahead. Trust me....it is a curse, not a blessing. I am totally working on living day to day.
I love paper. ANY PAPER! I love wrapping paper, napkins, notebook paper and of course, scrapbooking paper. I love prints and patterns. Love, love, love PAPER!
I love talking on the phone.....obviously. I dropped my cell phone in the swimming pool and then into a glass of soda, all in one day. So...the cell phone IS hurting.
I love posting on my blog. It is definitely one way to keep in touch with family and friends.
I'm so excited that it is snowing! I am not one to be affected by cold weather. I have always loved cold more than extreme heat. As a matter of fact, I just took off my flip-flops from taking the dog outside! Heheheheheheheh. Now it is time to throw on the fireplace and start my Christmas baking!
On a final note, since it is Advent I am going to do my best to put up a little scripture each day to set the scene ....well, and to keep us mindful of the real reason we celebrate!
God sent the angel Gabriel to Mary in
the village of Nazareth. The angel said, "Greetings! The Lord
has blessed you and is with you. You will give birth to a son, and you
are to name him Jesus. He will be called the Son of the Most High and
will reign forever, his kingdom will never end.
The angel also said, "The hold one to be born to you
will be God's Son. Even your cousin Elizabeth is going to have a
child in her old age. Nothing is impossible with God." "I am the
Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May everything you have said
come true."
The the angel left her. Mary hurried to visit her relative, Elizabeth.
At the sound of Mary's greeting, the baby inside Elizabeth
jumped for joy. Elizabeth told Mary that she was blessed because she
believed that what the Lord said to her would really happen.
Now.....go create some warm memories of such a blessed season!

4 comments:

Jen Forbus said...

If it makes you feel any better, I did not make any button trees. I think they are adorable!

Chris said...

WELCOME BACK!!! LOVE the decorations!!!!

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Cricket, cricket... you decided to come back! Love the new banner, love all the Christmas decorations!

Trish said...

Hey! Can't wait to see all the decorations tomorrow up close and personal. Love all the crafty things--and the next project on the list is on Jen's blog...

We're going to scrap soon in that finished room, sweetie! Can't wait, either!