AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Breathtaking..............



Well, my holiday spirit has definately been rejuvinated by all the snow. It is breathtaking.......

Did you happen to see Oprah yesterday? Mitch Albom, author of "Tuesday's With Morrie" has written a new book called "For One More Day." The basic idea of the book is how would you spend one more day with someone you love who has passed on. This got me thinking! Okay...and it got me wanting the book too! I don't know if it is the season, or what, but I immediately thought I would want to spend the time with my mom, baking for Christmas. I can remember as a kid getting just as excited to bake Christmas cookies as I was to open presents. Mom made everything from scratch. Can you imagine no refrigerated cookie dough? And her cookies always turned out perfectly and tasted delicious.

If you had a chance to see Oprah, you may have noticed how most people would spend their "extra day" doing ordinary things. No trips to Hawaii, no spending large amounts of money..... Most people would do something we usually take for granted. One woman said she would water the flowers with her husband and make him change the baby's diapers. Nick Lachey said that he would watch a game on TV with his grandfather. And of course, all of them simply wanted to talk. Interesting................ It really exemplified how we should appreciate each moment and how
life is made of ordinary moments. I cannot tell you how many times I reflect back on "ordinary moments" when I think of my mom.....and for that I am thankful.

Speaking of thankful, Tina had a list today on her blog of things to be grateful for on Wednesday, December 5. So, not to be outdone...here is my list!

Things To Be Grateful For On December 5, 2007

1. I am grateful that I still have my dad around to talk to everyday.
2. I am grateful that I have a husband who loves to spend time with his kids.
3. I am grateful that my dog no longer barks at the mailman (although it is due to hearing loss
from old age).
4. I am grateful Trent seems happy.
5. I am grateful that Paige has two good friends and can put the "junior high drama" into
perspective.
6. I am grateful Austin doesn't have after-school activities right now, because I love when he
comes home after school.
7. I am grateful for the island in my kitchen that can accommodate all my Christmas baking.
8. I am grateful for hooded sweatshirts. They are comfort clothes this time of year!

Onto....The Letter "R"



We took a vacation to a dude Ranch. At the end of the week, each "guest" had to participate in a rodeo. And, yes, we had to be on horseback during the rodeo. It was good fun.



Okay, we have already established that I am Republican. BUT, I have many democratic friends. That is what is so good about the U.S. We have choices. Also, you can love and appreciate people with different views.



A Rebel Camera. Will someone please buy me a Rebel Camera? Oh....yeah, I want the lenses too. If you buy it for me, I promise to take a VERY flattering picture of you. I promise!



Chris Rodrigues, my old neighbor, is truly being missed. Okay, the whole RODRIGUES FAMILY is being missed. Get back to Ohio!



My nephew, Ricky. This boy is starting to really amaze me. He is "coming into his own." He has a brilliant mind and a sweet disposition. What more could you want in a nephew?



I love rainey days. They are such good sleeping days!



I went to a Reba McIntyre concert years ago. I really wasn't a huge fan at the time, but it was a great concert. She is really a wonderful entertainer!



I do not like the taste of beef roast.

My all-time favorite color is Red. You will be seeing it in every room of my house. (That is, when all the rooms are painted and decorated. HA!)



Blessings on your day!



At that time, a decree said everyone had to go to his family's town to register. Joseph was from the family of David, so he and Mary went to Bethlehem, which was David's home.

5 comments:

Jen Forbus said...

I have a word for this snow...and it ain't "breathtaking"! You want my share? My little space heater is being tempramental this morning and I'm COLD!!! When I warm up, I'll find some things to be thankful for!! :)

Chris said...

Ahhh, shucks Val, thanks for missing us!! We miss you all too!!!

I will admit, the snow "looks" beautiful. But, I must say, getting out of the house here is so much easier without having to bundle everyone up!! OOps, Nicholas did have to put on a sweatshirt this morning (with his shorts & short-sleeved shirt) because it was a bit chilly. 66 degrees.
HAHAHA!!!!!

Trish said...

Love you. And this post! You Republican, you! :)

Looneybin4me said...

I have the Mitch Alboum book if you want to read it.

Ryzmomplus2 said...

that is a good book - I love his the 5 people you meet in heaven too! I hope to watch the movie on Sunday - but you know you should always read the book first.