AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Monday, December 10, 2007

Mark A Date!

I was on my way to church yesterday and I started to think about WHY we only celebrate the birth of Christ once a year. I mean....the gift of Jesus never ends. Then I started to think about how I was going to teach Trent that the gift of Jesus should be celebrated year-round. So, here is the plan. I have marked a date on my calendar.....in July. On that date we will have Christmas cookies, sing some Christmas Carols, reading of the Christmas story from the Bible....and yes, maybe even a Christmas present or two. It will be Christmas in July. I don't want to commercialize the celebration too much. But, I would like to show him that the celebration of this season should NEVER end! Anyone else interested in marking a date with me?


I had a great weekend! Paige sang in her Christmas Recital at Bethesda On The Bay Lutheran Church in Bay Village. She sang Breath of Heaven. Love, love, love this song. I am always surprised at how well she can sing for her age. I am also surprised at how composed she can be in front of all those people! It made me happy that she chose this song. It was the only spiritual song in the whole concert....at a church. Hhhmmmm. She even had some strangers comment to her on her performance and choice of music. I think Paige's favorite part of the evening is that her friend Natalie and her father showed up for the recital! Now THAT is a friend. Most parents hate sitting through their OWN child's programs and dear Mr. J came to sit through Paige's. Good people. Above are pictures of Paige with her voice coach, Kate (such a nice person), her best friend-Natalie and of course, Trent! Mike is going to try to see if he can get a sample of it on the blog.....so stay tuned!



Sunday I spend the day baking. I made 1 1/2 doz. popcorn-ball snowmen. You can see the line-up above! This is a process, but it was really fun!! I also made some chocolate spoons for hot cocoa. Easy and fun! Austin had a few buddies over for the Browns game and Trent had two of his buddies over for the day. FULL HOUSE! I have found that one crockpot full of pulled pork can bring high school boys running to your house! Trent's buddies like the usual...hotdogs. Poor Paige, she just tries to stay clear and I don't blame her! She basically hid most of the day!

You will be happy to know that Trent has stumbled upon some information. Apparently, Santa has been spotted in Asia. Now, according to Trent, this is too early to be making the rounds. SO...he MUST be doing the whole "naughty and nice list" thing. Be on extra good behavior this week, people!

The Letter "S"

I love snow.
I love everything Southern Living, including the magazine. Good Stuff!
Of course, most people know that I have a great love for Scrapbooking. I hope that my kids use my scrapbooks to remember how much they are loved.
St. Paul has been our church home for the past twelve years.
This year, Austin's Senior Year, I became a Soccer Mom for the very first time.
I used to live in a Salt Box Colonial Style Home. I loved it. I love anything historical.
I have two sisters, Pam and Cindy. But, you already knew that, didn't you?
I am terrible at sports, but I still make an effort. If nothing else, my family gets a good laugh.
I still have a stuffed Santa from when I was a little girl.
I drive a black SUV.

Lastly, my heart is aching for the people of Colorado and the people of Utah who have been subjected to so much senseless crime. I pray they can carry-on and possibly have some small sense of joy this holiday season.
Hugs!

While Joseph and Mary were in Bethlahem, the time came for the baby to be born, and Mary gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in strips of cloth and laid him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn. Shepherds living out in the fields nearby were keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified.

3 comments:

Jen Forbus said...

Those snowmen are too beautiful to eat!!

Chris said...

Are you taking orders?? I'll take about a dozen of those beautuful snowmen & two dozen chocolate spoons. (don't think I'll share those!!)Would LOVE the recipes for those if you get a chance!!!!

Hugs!!!!

Trish said...

Okay Val--I'm doing the spoons tomorrow!!

And where are the pics of the marshmallows? Get on it! :)

love you--