AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

'TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS....

Well, here it is the day after Christmas and I am still recovering. God Bless the early risers, shopping at all the sales. I am beat. Just a quick recap of the days events:

We went to church and dinner at the Olive Garden on Christmas Eve. My kids all had new Christmas outfits. Paige looked beautiful (as usual)! I bought myself a new sweater and a drama ensued. I went to put the stinkin' sweater on before church and it still had the anti-theft device attached to it. My hero, Mike, decided to take it off and it sprayed blue ink all over Mike and the sweater. I had no idea there was ink in those tags! I always thought they set off an alarm. Actually, I have never given them too much thought since shoplifting isn't my thing! HA! Needless to say, no new sweater this year!



One thing I have always done is a tradition I learned from my dearest friend, Barb. When they were young, they always received pajamas on Christmas Eve. I loved the thought of that, so I totally stole the idea and have made it a tradition with our family. My kids so look forward to this pair of pajamas. And in some odd way, they always seem more willing to "hit the hay" once they put them on. This year's pajama's were Ohio State pajamas. As you can imagine, they were a big hit. I was able to find Austin's and Paige's with relatively no problem. I had such a hard time finding Trent's! Eveyone was sold out. Now, you know, of all my kids Trent would be the most disappointed not to have Ohio State pajamas. But, by the grace of God, I found them two days before Christmas! JOY! JOY!



We got up around 7:30 a.m. to open presents. Not bad at all! Last year, Trent was up every hour on the hour. So, this was a vast improvement.



We had Christmas lunch at Pam and Rick's house. Dad and Vera were there. Sandy, Vera's daughter was also in attendance! I am so mad at myself for not getting a picture of Sandy for the blog! After lunch, we opened presents. Mike and I gave Dad and Vera Ohio State shirts (are you noticing a theme, yet?). They genuinely seemed to like them! Dad is so excited because my uncle Burt got him a huge OSU Flag for the front of his house. I'm feeling a little jealous about that and may have to search for one for my house as well!


Lastly, we went to Mom and Dad Blackburn's house for dinner and gifts. It was fun. We ended out playing LCR as a family! It is so fun! If you do not have this game, run out and get it! It is simple, quick and exciting! The boys, as usual, loved to play their video games and the girls enjoyed their Ipods, etc.

Anyhooo......tons of cleaning to do this week in preparation for New Years Eve!

My best to everyone!



"Give Thanks To The Lord, For He Is Good"

2 comments:

Trish said...

Hey you! Love your pics--glad you all had fun (minus the ink--the email was way funny)...

Looking forward to the weekend and some girl time!

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Great pictures from your holiday! Hope to see you this weekend...though I need directions :)