AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Caught!


Today I was caught in the middle of a melt down. Now, before you get too excited, I wasn't in tears or anything like that.....But I was super angry with myself. Just to confirm the fact that I am NO MARTHA STEWART, I have these baking and crafting days that just bomb. And today was one of those days. I decided to take time to make chocolate covered pretzel Santas. I melted several colors of chocolate and painted each area of the mold to the specified color. After letting that dry, I poured milk chocolate into the mold, since that is the favorite chocolate of my family. Anyway....I have African American Santas. Now, I would hate to seem racists.....because I'm not. BUT, my family is Caucasian so I thought that would be the preference. Unfortunately, the chocolate bled through and my plan failed. Thank goodness, at this point, Trish called. I told her about my mistake and she burst into laughter. (Don't you love friends that remind you not to take yourself too seriously?) Anyhow, the kids thought they looked fine, so I'm going to try to quit beating myself up for the expensive (time and money) mistake!




I did make quite a few dozen peanut butter kiss cookies. They look yummy. Tonight I have to get scrapbooking and finish some Christmas presents! Maybe I can post pictures later!

The Letter "U"

There is nothing better on a cold, winter evening that crawling under a blanket!

My mother never wanted me to make up cute little names for the kids body parts. She always wanted me to tell them the REAL names. So....when I was pregnant with Trent and I was explaining it to Paige, I told her that Trent was in my uterus. And for the next six months I had a little girl that would march around my house yelling "uterus, uterus, uterus." It was even more fun when she would announce to strangers that her mom had a baby in her uterus. Honestly. Would I make that up?

I have a really funny uncle....Uncle Burt. He is like my dad's best buddy. They are like frick and frack. WARNING: Do not sit between them during a conversation. Neither can hear and it becomes a shouting match. You, therefore, would also suffer hearing loss. Trust me on this one.

Unfortunately, I have never attended a University. Maybe I will get the chance to do that one day.

My uncle Burt used to work for United Airlines (hence the hearing loss as stated above)!


Well, I am off to attempt more chocolate pretzels. This time I am making snowmen. I don't think I can mess the color up. :)

Hugs,

Suddenly a great assembly of angels from heaven appeared with the first angel, praising God and saying "Glory to God in the highest heaven and on earth peace to men with whom God is pleased."

4 comments:

Trish said...

Seriously--you were hilarious on the phone! :) You made my afternoon!

Apples. I need apples! And Toffee! HELP!

Jen Forbus said...

I think your chocolate santas look very yummy! And I'm sure the recipients will be overjoyed to have them.

Jen Forbus said...

I've been thinking about your santas...they aren't African American santas, they're just santas with some soot from going down the chimney! :)

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Hey I searched all over to find those pretzel molds. I ended up with heart ones? Everything looks yummy! Wanna share???