AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Okay....I'll Bite....

Here we are, a few short days before Christmas. This year I managed to start WAY ahead of time and today I have most of my baking completed, the house decorated and many presents wrapped. Yet, I still will be going out shopping today and I am NOT looking forward to it!


My friend, Jen sent a Christmas questionaire to me that seems fun and informative...so here goes!


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Ooohh. That's a hard one. I like the convenience of gift bags but love the look of wrapping paper. I must admit though, that I do not enjoy wrapping.


2. Real or Artificial tree? Artificial tree. I love that I can leave it up as long as I like and not worry. Plus, I do not enjoy pine needles in the feet!


3. When do you put up the tree? No later than the weekend following Thanksgiving.


4. When do you take the tree down? New Years Day


5. Do you like Eggnog? I have never tried it. The name alone repulses me.


6. Favorite Gift you received as a child? Barbie House


7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, I have two of them.

8. Hardest Person to buy for? That would be Mr. Walter Blackburn. The man needs nothing and if he does, he buys it for himself.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Paige. The only difficult thing about buying for Paige is affording it. Her list usually equates the national debt.

10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? I don't think I've ever received a bad gift! Honestly! But I did get a nasty wedding gift. It was a basket (and I do like baskets) but about 30 of Mike's relatives went in on the basket. When I went to use the basket, I put one magazine in it (mind you, I said ONE magazine) and the handle broke off. Hhhmmm.....quality.


11. Christmas Cards...Snail mail or E-mail? I haven't sent them in years. I really want to start sending them again, but they are a point of frustration.


12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf....definately. I did go see the Chipmunks Movie with Trent and it was a keeper!


13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? That all depends on when the big boy hands over the cash.


14. Have you ever 'recycled' a Christmas present? No. I would feel too guilty.


15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Stuffing


16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear.


17. Favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night.


18. Travel at Christmas or Stay Home? I love to be home, but we usually go over the river and through the woods (and down I-77).


19. Can you name Santa's Reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolph.


20. Do you have an Angel or a Star on top of your tree? A Bow


21. Open the Presents Christmas Eve or Morning? Morning


22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Spending money and the bickering over church and state. Where is it okay to put a manger scene and a menorah? Frankly, my opinion is that it is Christmas in a big world. Room enough for them all....okay, except the KKK displays. NEVER room for those.



23. Do you decorate outside for Christmas or just inside (or at all?) Inside and Outside. I love the decorating bit.

24. Favorite Christmas cookie? Molasses although they are not just for Christmas.



25. Do you own Christmas clothing or jewelry? Yes, I must admit I do. And, unlike everyone else, my sweaters are not tacky.



26. Do you believe in Santa? Yep. And I believe in reindeer, the Easter Bunny, the tooth fairy and leprechans. So there.

Can you believe I am now headed for the mall to finish my shopping? I am hoping we will see National Treasure tonight. I am really getting excited for Christmas!

Peace.

No comments: