AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Friday, November 2, 2007

I Can't Believe It's Over!

I cannot believe Halloween is over already! I love Halloween and it went too quickly!


So, I'm sure you are all angry. I didn't post the letter "D" yesterday and you were glued to your computers waiting for more information on ME! HA! (Iknow...I'm dreaming....) Now for the letter "D."

D

I love Dogs. It is that plain and simple.
We grew up across the street from the Dombrosky family. Shirley was like another mom and our mom's best friend.
I was the co-captain of Lutheran West Drill Team. (Yep, that was many pounds ago, when I could lift my legs.:)
I dated my husband for 8 years before I married him. We started dating when we were 16.
Depression runs in my family. **ugh**
When I was little, my grandma used to make homemade chocoate syrup for ice cream. She called it "dope." My sisters and cousins and I used to giggle because we considred "dope" to be something totally different. So...my grandma basically handed out dope to children! HA!
I don't drink alcohol. Sometimes I act like I do. Sometimes I think it should become a new hobbie. But I don't drink. I never have. It makes me feel cruddy and I don't enjoy it.
I love my Dad. He is one of my favorite people...always.

Well, today our house is completely over run with halloween candy. I am going to try to freeze some and, if possible, give some to our neighbor. She takes them to North Olmsted High School. I guess they collect it, and make bags for homeless and elderly people. Hhhmmmm....When I just typed that I thought "I wonder how many of them have dental plans." Oh well, I'm sure they will appreciate the candy!





I guess it is pretty obvious who Trent dressed up to look like. His friends were a zombie (Garrett) and a SWAT Team Member (Griffin). Paige's friends dressed like a dancing box (Brittany), two unicorns (Natalie and Jackie) and Paige is some guy off of myspace. BUT, she said she told most people she was a bum because they wouldn't get the costume.

Following is a picture of the "Evil Candy Giving Jamaican." Austin helped to hand out candy. I have deemed him unworthy of having children. There were two little boys trick-or-treating. One was dressed in a Cleveland Browns football uniform and the other was dressed as a Pittsburgh Steeler's Player. Austin told them only one would get candy and you should have seen their faces! What a meanie! Of course, we gave both boys candy but I felt bad!


AND, last but not least, this is what happens when your neighbors give your husband shots to keep him "warm" while walking the trick-or-treaters.....



My kids are home from school today due to Teacher's Conferences. As I am typing this..I hear Trent singing "The Star Spangled Banner" while watching the Ohio State/Michigan Game from last year...once again...maybe for the 1000th time. Don't tell him I told you, but he like to march to Script Ohio.

And people wonder why I just don't want him to grow up..............................

2 comments:

Jen Forbus said...

The A-B-Cs of Val-er-ee are just "D"elightful! Of course you already know I love dogs, too, but I also don't drink, except on a vary rare occasion. I don't like it either.

I may have to try these ABCs myself. And I WAS waiting on pins and needles for letter "D"!!!

Chris said...

LOVE the costumes!! Paige is HILARIOUS!! Love that girl to pieces!!! And Mike....well?? Are you sure you don't want to drink??!! hahaha!!!