AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

MMMmmmmmmm......

Well, well, well...if it isn't the letter "M."

Let me start with the most important "M"...Mike Blackburn. I love this guy. Seriously. I can't really remember a time when I haven't loved him because I met him so long ago. He is funny, warm, laid-back, supportive, kind, sometimes annoying, tone-deaf, unselfish, Godly, frustrating and loving. Oh...and he is MINE !!!!!

That brings me to marriage. I have been married to Mike for 20 years (and dated him 8 years prior). I love being married to Mike.

I have had two miscarriages in my life. The first one was 3 months after Austin was born. That one was rough and totally taught me to be thankful for little ones. The second was Paige's twin. I honestly cannot wait to see those two babies in heaven.

My best friend is Marilyn Stifel. I met Marilyn at St. Paul when our oldest kids were in grade school. She is TOTALLY outgoing and I am TOTALLY not outgoing. She has a enormous smile. Every day she would greet me with that smile and a hug. Thats the kind of person she is. She is everything I consider to be good in a person and I am so lucky to know her. AND she is Trent's Godmother!

Martha Stewart. I know I tend to talk about Martha quite a bit. I am intrigued by her although I find her to be a bit snooty. I bet she is a huge pain-in-the-can to work with every day. I also bet she doesn't know as much about cooking, baking and crafting as we think. BUT, I think she is an saavy business woman and that is cool. Besides, I love her products and her show inspires me to do fun things!

Mental Illness. Don't get me started. I won't talk about family issues, but I will say that we strongly need to start fighting for the health care of the homeless. If you don't think these homeless people are good people, fighting mental illness (with NO health care) than I think YOU may be one crayon short of a full box.

I love to roast Marshmellows. I like mine burned.

Milk makes me sick to my stomach.

Now...the best for last...MATTHEW MCCONAUGHEY! Yum, yum, yummy deliciousness.

Later!

3 comments:

Chris said...

OH Val, you naughty girl!!!! But I agree...Oh Matthew!!!

Anonymous said...

Ah yes Chel and I were just discussing the cuteness factor of dear Mathew!

Great M's list!

Jen Forbus said...

Hmm, Matthew's alright, but I'd pick Harry first any day! LOL :)