AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Monday, November 5, 2007

Drum Roll Please!

Well, she did it. After a few very long weekends, Paige made the Advance JO Volleyball team. We are pretty darn excited. This is how it works......if you "overly enjoy" this sport you usually begin JO around 5th grade (I would guess). If you have a good experience, you would stick with the same team (basically) until you no longer WANT to play JO. Unfortunately, Paige played one year of JO (the year she was diagnosed) and it wasn't that great of an experience on her team (poor coaching, etc....). Due to "other circumstances" we didn't try again until this year and we were getting the idea that she may be shut out. We thought all the teams may be filled. You go to these tryouts (and pay to tryout for each team ...ugh) and you can have anywhere from 45 to 250 girls trying for 5 positions. ANYHOO...they asked 15 girls to stay out of the multitude and she was one of them. Now we have to come up with the $650.00.

Wait... did I hear someone beckoning to hear the letter "G" list? ::drumroll::

G

My oldest son, Austin will be graduating from Lutheran West in the spring.

I'm not a fan of gossiping. I'm not saying I don't do it...I'm just never proud when I do. Trying to stop that AND trying to raise a daughter who doesn't value gossip as well.

I have a sensitive gag reflex. Honestly! I'm gaging all over when I brush my teeth. (TMI?)

I hate grocery shopping unless you give me an unlimited amount of money. And oddly enough, for some reason I am more interested in grocery shopping during the months of September-April. I'm not sure why!

When our kids do something foolish...I admit we call them names. I ususally call them "goobers" and my husband calls them "gloobkas." No, I do not know what a "gloobka" is.

My husband and I are obsessed with our grass. We want a golf course out there, people! Recently we were attacked by grubs, which caused great distress.

Speaking of golf, if you are a Blackburn you must know the game of golf. Period. Otherwise you risk shunning.

I'm not a person who gushes. Although I will gush around babies and children. I cannot help myself.

My garage ALWAYS needs cleaning.

Today I have one home sick from school and one with the day off from school. Who knows what will be happening!

Hugs!

4 comments:

Chris said...

YIPPIE!! Way to go Paige!!! (I can't believe the $650.00...that's just crazy!!!)

I LOVE your yard!! You don't realize how valuable it is until you no longer have one!! I heard about the grubs attacking the yards..that's terrible.

Gagging...me too, in fact I gagged when I read about you brushing your teeth...HAHAHA!! HAve a great day!!

Jen Forbus said...

CONGRATULATIONS PAIGE!!! What a great success!! Three cheers!

And what a "G"rand list for "G"! I'm going to give this thing a trying starting today. I hope my lists can be as "G"reat as Yours!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Paige! Another "G"ood G list!

Trish said...

SO HAPPY FOR PAIGE!!! How exciting! I know how stressful it is on you too--way to go, Mom!

And you're cracking me up with the whole ABC's thing. You and Zarlenga bust me up. I'm learning more and more about you everyday!

Looking forward to the fun class on Saturday! Are you finished with your homework? (hee hee hee...)