AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Friday, November 9, 2007

A Gift

Today I received the nicest gift. Around 7:00 a.m. this morning I received a call from my friend, Ruth. She left a simple message....."I am praying for you, your family and your kids and I just wanted you to know." Simple...yet remarkably touching to me. AND it made my day and possibly my week. What a gift, to have a friend that remembers you in this way, for no reason in particular. What a friend to give my family the gift of prayer. I am feeling particularly blessed this morning!

So, if you don't know what to give the person that has everything, how about a call like the one I received from Ruth.

Onto the Letter "K"

I have a sister-in-law named Karen, who may quite possibly be super mom. I sometimes stand in awe at how she manages to get everything done and do it so well. Besides that, she loves the Lord. Very Cool.

I have two wonderful nephews, Kyle and Kevin. Yep, they are brothers. Kyle is Trent's answer to "who would be your hero?" In Trent's eyes, Kyle is the know-all, be-all. In my eyes, he is pretty darn close to that too. Kyle is a kind, good-hearted boy. We are so lucky to have him around! Kevin is just as awesome. He was always an indepent person growing up. I know thats not always easy to raise, but on the other hand I loved that about him. You always knew he would be "okay." And, Kevin is hard-working, to boot. I love that in a kid. Did I mention he is a genius with computers? Yes...(he heads the Geek Squad...seriously, he does! heheheheh)

My niece, Kimberly. I know I have mentioned her before, but I could gush about her for days. This is one cool lady. She has a heart of gold. I never hear a bad word from her. She is just goodness rolled into one person. Love her...proud of her. By the way, did I mention all three kids come from the same parents? I consider that a job well done!

I LOVE Kip from the move "Napoleon Dynamite."

My kids love Kraft Macaroni and Cheese and will accept no subsitutes. No cheap knock-offs where Mac N Cheese is concerned.

I love frozen Kit Kat bars.

I love Kohl's Department Store. It is one of those places where I seem to find everything I am looking for.

One of my favorite treasures is a knife set my sister bought for me.

I watched Kelly Pickler cry on the CMA Awards.

Karen Foster's products are too cutsy for me, yet I have used some in layouts.

WHEW! That was a tough list.

I have a ton of baking to do, but I love it. Lots of cleaning. I have to get the house ready for kids watching the Cleveland/Pittsburgh Game. Guess who I am cheering on?

4 comments:

Jen Forbus said...

Wow! You sure do have special friends, Val!

And Kellie Pickler is weird. I heard her do an interview on GAR once - oh, my Lord. It hurt to listen to it! LOL

Chris said...

Oh, what a kind person she is!! You are so blessed!!!

By the way, I LOVE frozen Kit Kat bars too!!! (this totally makes up for the Republican thing!!!)HA!!

Paige said...

haha she cried? I do love her song Red High Heels though.

Lets get to letter P already here.

so sad you didnt put my future husband under B?! ohmy.
haha just kidding

love you mammmaaa.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see your keeping up here! Love your K list - especially the Kit Kats and Kohls!