AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Getting Worried...


Okay, so it is no secret that anxiety disorders are running rampid through my family. Usually Paige is my biggest concern, but she is doing quite well. Today, my concern would be Trent. Have you gotten tired of hearing me whine about all this junk yet? Sometimes I feel bad putting it out here, but we all know that blogging is therapy! HA! It does help to write it down and get it out of your head, ya know?

Anyway, Trent has had a small tic for a while and lately it has become a big tic. As a matter of fact, the kids in school are commenting etc. and I have had to talk to the teacher. He is going to have an evaluation by the psychiatrist, but that won't be finished until the beginning of next year. YES, it is closely related to OCD and probably an indicator. (Round Two.. **ding, ding, ding, ding**)
He was so upset after school yesterday telling me about "not being able to control it" and the kids telling him to "shut up." (You may have figured out that it is a vocal tic.) Really, this guy is so little and has so many up-hill battles that it is killing me. So, if you are the praying kind...just lift this little one up to heavens for me. He is just so little, ya know? (No pity....just prayers!) I am a lucky mom. I have got some great kids.
I put some crazy pictures of "the Trentster" at the top because he is a good, silly little man. Can you see what I get when I want to take his picture? Lots of nose picking and bucket scratching...... The little stinker!

On to brighter things (I think...this one was difficult!).........

I

I love ice cream, but rarely eat it because it makes me sick to my stomach.

I used to ice skate as a kid and made the boys pay me 25 cents to skate one lap around the rink. (not nice, I know.....it was in the past people...and I was a KID! HA!)

I really want to go to IKEA. I have never been there and would like to shop, shop, shop!

I love Impressionist Art.

I never change my weight on my ID. My husband thinks I am breaking the law because I am falsifying information. Hhhhmmmm...they will have to get over that one. Besides, they may think I still weight 127....hehehehhehehe.

I think there should be no illegal aliens in the United States. You either enter legally or it's back home with you. That simple....

I have no skill for driving on ice and getting out of a spin. But I am facinated by large icicles. As a kid I used to suck on icicles. Mmmmmm.....nothing like the cool taste of gutter dirt.

Soooo......onto another day!

Hugs,



3 comments:

Jen Forbus said...

Your alphabet lists are just "i"rresistable. I love reading them.

And part of Trent's prayers have already been answered! God gave him YOU! Who could ask for a better, more understanding, compassionate parent. It drives me nuts to see parents who refuse to acknowledge a problem with their child because they think it means they are bad parents or something ignorant like that. And on the flip side of that, I hate to see parents abuse problems and use them as crutches and excuses for their children. You don't do either. You give your kids all the tools they need to overcome and prosper. How lucky is that little boy? Hang in there!!!

Chris said...

Consider my prayers done!! Poor guy, he is such an amazing boy & you are an amazing Mom. This too shall pass!!! "I" love the whole bunch of you!

Looneybin4me said...

I died laughing at the one about the weight on your drivers license. Just had mine renewed and it had 135 lbs. (hahahaha) that was taken HOW long ago....and were they afraid to ask just how many lbs. over 300 I was???
My license is now accurate.