AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Thursday, November 8, 2007

What is Santa Bringing?

Well, I wonder what Santa is going to bring! If I were a parent of young children I would be concerned right about now. All of the lead showing up in these toys is ridiculous! It will be interesting to see if and how much it will effect the "buying" season.
Here are my concerns. Firstly, how about a little regulation? Is anyone checking what is imported into our country? Or are we just trusting that everyone has big love for us Americans. Secondly, I'm a little tired of hearing the apologies of the toy companies. Quit apologizing and take some action. Thirdly, anyone interested in talking to China about this problem? I bet some of the homeless veterans would be willing to take jobs in American companies, making toys. Thirdly, so......how long do you think our kids have been ingesting lead and what do you think are the health ramifications? Very, very frightening to say the least.

Whew, on to bigger and less important things.

The Letter "J"

I have two wonderful friends named Jen. Jen Bueck went to High School with me. She was sweet back then and she is even sweeter now! My friend Jen Forbus I met through scrapbooking. We have MANY things in common and I think she is the berries. But, I'm a little afraid to have her read my post on the letter "R" when she discovers I am Republican. (SSHHhhh....don't tell her!)

I wear jeans almost every day. Look, I spend most of my day cleaning and running errands. I am my own best friend, so I have no one to impress. I think jeans are okay.

I have an amazing sister-in-law named Jane. She is really sweet AND a good cook. As a matter of fact, I made a recipie I got from her..last night for dinner. And it was a hit! And you will see the recipie below! And I hope you like it!

You may have got the idea that I love Jesus. He did an amazing thing for me and for that I feel thankful.

JO Volleyball will take up most of my time this winter. It is a very full schedule. Did I mention that it is going to take up most of my money as well?

My husbands brother is named John. He has huge bucks. Enough said.

I have a neighbor named Jack. Well, not really. I have a neighbor named Craig but we call him Jack. You see, when he and his ex-wife first moved in I only heard her name....Jill. Therefore, until we got to know him he was named Jack. And it kind of stuck.

I am not good at telling jokes. And, most jokes anymore....well, I don't think they are funny. Crude has become the new "funny" and I'm just not interested.

And now for the amazing recipie!


Pepperoni Bread




Ingredients:
Frozen Bread Dough
Egg
Pepperoni Slices
Mozarella Cheese
Parmesean Cheese
Italian Spices

Set the oven to 375. Lightly grease a cookie sheet. (I just sprayed Pam.)

Roll frozen bread dough out into a rectangle. Brush dough with beaten egg. Arrange pepperoni, mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese over the dough. Sprinkle on the Italian seasoning. Roll up dough like a jelly roll and pinch seam to seal; place, seam side down, on prepared baking sheet.

Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until golden.
When serving we dip slices into heated spaghetti sauce. YUM! And serve with nice, fresh salad!


And finally, a word of warning:


THIS is what happens when you don't fold your laundry quickly enough!


4 comments:

Jen Forbus said...

"J"ust call me "j"ovial "Jen"; I'm so over-"j"oyed! I made your "J" list! O.k., it's a little over the top, but I was desperate with "J"! :)

I'll make you a deal! You don't hold the Diet Coke thing against me and I won't hold the Republican thing against you!! :)

And you know I absolutely LOVE that picture of your baby!!! Too cute!! Makes me want to scratch those ears and kiss that muzzle!:)

Chris said...

REPUBLICAN??!! ouch. I still love you bunches, but ooooohhhhhh!!! ha!!

I agree with the toy situation...very scary. I have another issue as well. Nicolas announced yesterday he doesn't think there really is a Santa & he's pretty sure the Easter Bunny is just some guy in a costume. Aren't 6 year olds still supposed to believe??!!

Oh, and I'm cracking up over "Jack"!!! I remember the day the UHAUL truck was there(wife was moving out) & MIke cam running over to my house & said "This stay- at- home Mom thing is GREAT!!! hahahaha!!

Anonymous said...

Love that Pepperoni bread and that sweet adorable dog!

That toy thing is just crazy! I'm almost finished reading the book "A year without made in China" - very interesting. It makes you pay attention to labels, even my kids are looking now!

Trish said...

You call yourself a Republican all you want...I know better...:)

We need more governmental monitoring on what is imported. More government=Democrat.

Now, if I could just get you to vote for Hilary...

(I know, hell will freeze over first!)

Can't wait to try that bread! Bring some this weekend--HA!