AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Takin' The Good With The Bad




Round three of the flu has entered our house. Yesterday, Austin was home with a sick stomache. In the afternoon I received a call from the St. Paul school nurse to come and pick up Trent. He was vomiting at school. Oh yeah....good times.

But, I do (as usual) have a somewhat warped perception of all of this. I am not the regular mother. I do not dread it when my kids are home sick. I am not the mom that is overjoyed when summer is over and the kids head back to school. I never really understood date night with my husband. Thank goodness, he isn't that big on it either. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like his company. We just enjoy the company of our kids as well. So, for me.....today is a treat.

Trent has stayed in his jammies and he isn't as interested in re-runs of Little House On The Prairie, as I am. Therefore, he is totally absorbed in Kids Sports Illustrated. And my heartstrings are a fluttering. I LOVE the look of him in his little flannel pajama bottoms, scrunched in the lounge chair, knees pointed together, enjoying the written word. Trent loves to read and pretty much taught it to himself. Combine that with his love of sports and sports statistics and we have another sports-aholic.

So today, along with taking temperatures and cleaning up....well, you know.....I get to snuggle my little NBA wanna-be. I can't keep my hands off of his little butt in those flannels. Before long I won't be able to enjoy this anymore. So I plan on spending my day taking the good with the bad.
P.S. Did I mention that he hums the Ohio State Fight Song while he reads Sports Illustrated. I could eat him up!!!!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

ugh, Val. going through it here as well...Allie hasn't b een to school all week, and sure as heck ain't goin' tomorrow. fever finally broke though, but still no appetite. (no Back Door Flyouts, either...lol)

Allie is the same way with reading...man, are we lucky, or what?!

oh, almost forgot.

God smiles down on Buckeye Fans.
(even me...lol)