AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Monday, February 26, 2007

The Open Window

This past Saturday, Mike, Paige, Trent and I went to see The Bridge Over Tarabithia. It is a new children's movie based on a classic children's novel. The movie was good. Sad, but good. It reminded me of the movie My Girl. The kind of sadness in a movie that sticks with you for a few days.

Anyhow, one of the best parts about going to this movie was we saw Dad, Vera and Cindy buying tickets to see a different movie. It was a pleasant surprise.

When we were seated in the dark, waiting for the movie to start I began thinking about Dad and Vera. I really like Vera. She reminds me so much of my mom that I find I am tickled when I see her. Does that sound childish? I also noticed how much my kids hugged her when they hugged her. It was as if they felt the same thing too. Paige has even said, "Vera reminds me so much of Cookie."

I have always been a believer in that statement "When God Closes A Door, He Opens A Window." Well, I think Vera could be our "open window." She stepped quietly and gracefully into our lives at a time that was perfect. Plus, it all started in church of all places! And she never came in to replace mom. Instead, she came in to fill a hole in us all.

I know mom is really happy that someone like Vera is here for all of us. I am thankful that Vera has been so patient with all of us getting used to the fact that she is friends with Dad. More than that, I am thankful that God has place a wonderful lady like Vera in our lives at this moment.

No comments: