AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

On the Silly Side......


Off to the other side of my split personality! No more tears about angry moms. Today I belly-laughed continuously. You see, I have this 16 year old friend who keeps me in stitches. Well, really he is my oldest kid, but sometimes he is just a buddy.

This morning the two of us started off to see the doctor. It is a fairly long drive to Chagrin Falls, so often the conversations can become a LOT of fun. But today......I was busting a gut! He tells funny stories and does great impressions. Being with him is like being at a personal party. And today I saw a glimpse of EXACTLY the kind of man I was hoping he would become.

This kid of mine has a GREAT sense of humor. You know, some of the teachers say he has a need to be the center of attention. Of course, there is the endless desire to be the one speaking. Okay, and he can be a little distracted too. But I never want him to lose his personality or sense of humor. He can light up a room and everyone in it!

On the softer side, he really does understand people and care about them. Sometimes his stubborness doesn't let that show, but he is a really cool guy. He really knows himself, too. He can see his strengths (which I'm sure he would say are many) and his weaknesses and puts them into perspective. He loves his family and stands behind them. And he has this girl who he is pretty crazy about. I can tell in his eyes how he feels. I'm so proud of him.

So, with that....today my hat is off to my oldest kid. He makes me laugh, cry, pull my hair out and do laundry at 6:00 a.m. But he has his mom's heart.
By the way, he calls this his "badonkadonk" picture. See what I mean?


Have a fun day......................

5 comments:

Looneybin4me said...

OK, I love this kid too. I will never forget the essay he wrote about his Uncle Rick. (I would still love a copy of that).
This kid does have a great sense of humor...I still have "special Fred" on my I-pod....
XOXO Austin!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the slide show of this one when he gets married...ha!

Looneybin4me said...

WIDE LOAD.

Valerie said...

lonneybin4me: Pot Meet Kettle

Looneybin4me said...

HEY AUSTIN, BACK THAT THANG UP.