AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Satan In A Can

Okay, well I admit it. I have an addiction. Well, isn't everyone allowed ONE vice? Mine would be the lovely item in the photo. I call it "Satan In A Can." Austin refers to it as my best friend. It is otherwise known as Diet Pepsi. I WISH I NEVER STARTED DRINKING THIS JUNK. I am forever trying to give it up. Obviously I have no willpower.

Sometimes I can go a few days and suffer through the headaches, but I either wind up back in McDonald's Drive-Thru or at Giant Eagle purchasing a case. What bugs me the most is that I know it makes me MORE hungry and I don't need that when I would like to lose some weight.

This past weekend, I decided to try once again to give up the juice. Today, I glance into the garage and my wonderful husband (the enabler) placed another case in there. I don't know whether to kiss him or give him a good slug. Its probably easier to buy it than to listen to all my complaining.....poor guy.

So, here is the plan. I'm going to finish off this newest case and then quit.







Maybe.


Hugs to all my fellow addicts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That devil has other outfits...AKA diet coke. I totally get what you're saying. It's worse than being without tp for cryin' out loud! I read something the other day though that scared me, and maybe I should forward it to you so you'll be more inclined to give it up...

Good luck. Wanna do this together? So we can talk on the phone and scream together? It will be fun...really...:)