AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Do You Recognize This Girl?


So.....do you recognize the girl in this photo? If you are shaking your head no, well......
neither did I. For a FULL 24 HOURS I had no idea who this girl was and what she had done with my daughter. Let me explain it in a nutshell:

1) Semi-formal dance at school.
2) "Mom! I need highlights and a trim! I need a manicure and a pedicure" (Totally takes after
Aunt Pam in this department!)
3) "Mike....do we have the cash for.............?"
4) A day-long trip to the Vanity School of Cosmotology.
5) A Stranger returns home.

So, I am told this Vanity School of Cosmotology is women about to graduate cosmotology school and work in salons about town. LORD, HELP US ALL! Needless to say, my beautiful brown-haired daughter came home a platinum blonde, with highlites and bangs! UGH! Not to mention they "didn't have time to finish" the entire cut she desired because they were closing. Not only was the color hidious, but the bangs were crooked and WAY short.

There wasn't much time to waste after returning home. Blondie literally jumped into her dress, threw on make-up and tried not to pause too long in front of a mirror. Paige cried all the way to the dance, but she pulled it off! She went into the dance anyways. Gotta love her courage. She made it through comments and stares and even had a bit of fun.

After the dance she had a few girls sleep over. They all laughed together as they called her Frenchie from the movie, Grease. I am soooo glad she learned to laugh at herself a little bit.

Fast forward a day.........An emergency trip to David Scott Salon. Three hours and $140.00 later, I have my daughter back. Yeah, her highlites are gone. Her hair is still butchered in spots, but she is mine!

Why is it that EVERY woman must suffer through a bad haircut and a bad dye job?

No comments: