AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Monday, May 28, 2007

Trent's Day

What makes May 28 special, you ask? That is Trent Blackburn's birthday. Today, the little bugger turned 8 years old. We had the family over to celebrate. As you can tell by the pictures, it was the usual odd Blackburn clan.

Obviously, the picture of Mike tells you why my kids are the way they are. You all thought it was me, didn't you???? Some people never change and my husband loves to be the cut-up. (ahem..Austin...ahem)

We had a cook out and a HUGE birthday cake with Pirates of the Caribbean 2 as the theme. The group picture shows all the cousins together. They spent the day on the trampoline and playing soccer, basketball and golf. It was so nice to be out in the weather, although I felt it was a little too warm for my liking. Do you see Dad and Vera playing basketball? HA! I love it! That tickled my funnybone!

Most of all, I love my 8 year old, but I HATE that he is already 8 years old! It is going too fast.

I'm out..................................

3 comments:

Nicole said...

hey you!!

sent an email your way...hope everything is ok.

Happy B-Day to Mr. Trent! love the pics...was wondering why there isn't a hot action figure of Captain Will Turner on that cake.

unless, maybe...you're saving it for my next birthday =)

Anonymous said...

Hey Val,
Looks like you all had some fun!
Happy Birthday to Trent!
Haven't seen you in a while girl.
We all need to get together.
I agree with Nicole, where is the hot Will Turner? Jenn E

Anonymous said...

did someone say Hot Will Turner???

Happy Birthday Trent!!

Erika