AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Dare I Quote the Guy?

Soooo, I have been awake only a few hours and it isn't even lunch yet and I have manage to run into at least 3 know-it-alls! Ever meet one? You know, the person that has it all figured out. They have more wisdom than all the others. They are a master at EVERYTHING! Really! You should ask them!

This used to be kind of intimidating for me. Frankly, I don't consider myself a know-it-all. As a matter of fact, I could use some confidence. I am WELL aware of my many shortcomings. So running into these people can set me back. Well, it has taken 44 years for me to get it. By "it", I mean the quote my father used to tell us when we were (catty) little girls. I am going to quote my dad now and I am praying his head doesn't expand three hat sizes.

"Know-it-alls Know NOTHING!"

Phew! Feels good to say it. And today, I got it. Usually those that walk around lecturing, pushing their knowledge and authority, standing taller than everyone else...well, usually they are weaker. Because they have to WORK SO HARD TO GET US TO NOTICE THEIR WISDOM!

I think I will feel just a little better about myself today. Thanks, Dad.

God will never, never, never let us down if we have faith and put our trust in Him. He will always look after us. So we must cleave to Jesus. Our whole life must simply be woven into Jesus." - Mother Teresa

No comments: