AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Sunday, September 30, 2007

A long line of love






My in-laws, Wally and Ellen Blackburn, have been married 50 years and are still counting! This past weekend we had a wonderful party to celebrate the occasion. It was so good to see so many people I haven't seen for years!

The party was held at John and Karen's home. Their home is absolutely beautiful. It was perfect for hosting the party. The food was catered by Italian Creations and the yummy, yummy cake was made by Wildflower Bakery. It was all good...... But, do you want to know my favorite part? John made a cd presentation comprised of many pictures during the marriage of mom and dad. It had pictures from births, weddings, vacations, sporting events and more. Everything that you mix together to form a life together.

As I watched the pictures on the screen, it struck me how I am part of a unique, funny, fun-loving, sometimes frustrating, yet blessed family. Neither Mike nor I come from broken families. None of our siblings have broken marriages. And, yes....even Mike still seems to hang in for the long haul with me. There is an old country song that says..."I come from a long line of love." I guess that pretty much sums up our crazy family.

P.S. Pictures will be coming.........!!

No comments: