AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Monday, September 17, 2007

Striking it Rich!

Every once in awhile, you strike it rich. By that, I mean you get more than you bargained for in a deal. And Lutheran West, well I think they struck it rich too. The man in the picture below is Austin's soccer coach. We think the world of this guy. He is a good Godly man, who loves his family and treats each of the kids at Lutheran West as if they were his own. I haven't talked to a single parent who has a bad word to say about this guy.

Why am I posting this, you ask? Is it because I want to "sing" his praises? Nope. Is it because I want him to play my son at all times? No, although I would be okay with that! HAHA! Is it because he is an amazing teacher? No, although that is true. Is it because I have a "thing" for bald guys (aka...Mike Blackburn)? I will never tell! ACTUALLY, IT IS BECAUSE OF HIS FEET! The man WILL NOT wear shoes until the soccer team loses a game.

Some people call this insanity, I call it dedication. I am secretly hoping to see him barefoot in the snow. Okay, not really....but what will he do? Snow shoes? Hhhmmmm.....

Anyway, I had to put this in the blog for posterity. I don't want to forget the length some really good people go to in order to encourage my kids.

2 comments:

Jen Forbus said...

That's hilarious! I hope he's at least allowed to wash them in this deal! :)

Chris said...

Oh boy...you know how I feel about feet!!! hahahaha!! Love the dedication to the kids!!