AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Friday, August 17, 2007

Sleep Walking..................



Apparently, there isn't enough activity in our house during the night. We have, as does almost everyone, all the usual creeks and thuds that a house makes during the night. Then, of course, there is Austin's return home at midnight. But now.......we have a sleep-walker. And the sleepwalking has become more frequent and a little more funny.


Last night, Trent (aka. The Sleep Walker) walks into our room and climbs onto our bed and falls asleep between Mike and I. We didn't say anything (mistake!!!....I barely slept). In the morning he pops up and looks around as if he is startled. Then he says "Don't tell me I just slept walk in here!"


This morning, Paige tells me that her friend sleep walks really bad too and that she unlocked the doors to the house and walked around the block!!! UGH! I don't want that to happen! SO....in my usual fashion I now feel that I must investigate this whole sleepwalking thing.


Had lots of fun last night! Trish and Jen took Austin's senior pictures. They just amaze me. They act like the talent they have is nothing while I stand with my jaw dropping at the pictures they take. And those pictures.....they will be more precious since they were taken by the two of them. I must admit though, I came home feeling a little down on myself. I would LOVE to have the talent and creativity of these two ladies. Even more, it totally bonds them. They "get" each other. Meanwhile, I secretly WISH I could do what they do! Eh....I'm lucky they are my friends!!


Our old neighbors Chris and Angel stopped in town. Okay, really.......Trent let them in the back door and when I walked out of the laundry room they were standing there. Did I happen to mention that I hadn't showered, had NO BRA, and was still in my pajamas? Yeah....REALLY PRETTY! Of course they laughed! At first I couldn't adjust my eyes to see who they were (needing glasses..i know) and then I was mortified. I didn't even invite them in!!!! I was so rude I just said I would get a shower and see them later! Anyways, we met at Jodi's. All the kids played together and it was so cute to watch them all! BUT....I especially love the sassy Miss Rodriguez........Elaina Rodriguez. This little one is not only ADORABLE, but she has her mom's spark and sass. I hope they move back quickly. I really would like to see those two grow up before my eyes. Darling, darling kids.......


Lastly, I must apologize to my dear friend Barb. I am sorry we weren't able to make it to Alex's graduation. I guess I don't have to tell you that some days aren't that easy here.........I would have loved to have seen your family again. I will talk to you later and hopefully be able to make it up to you and Alex.


3 comments:

Chris said...

I thought you looked cute!! Trust me, if I didn't have someplace to be, I would have looked the same!!! hahaha!! It was sooo great to see you... I really miss you!!
See you at Christmas... I'll call first!!! hahaha!!

Trish said...

Hey you!

We are a tripod, remember? HA!!

God wanted you and A to be there yesterday to hold me together. Feeling all sappy about the whole thing. I will be a basket case by the time my kids get to Austin's age. I had a great time with you guys, and am anxiously awaiting the next shoot!!! Love you.

Jen Forbus said...

Val,

I TOTALLY know what you mean about Trish and Jen's talent. I'm right there with you on the envy, babe!! :) Jen Forbus