AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Friday, August 24, 2007

Back to School!





As evidenced by the pictures, it is back to school time!!!! We survived all of the school supplies and school clothes shopping. I think I would actually enjoy this experience (I totally love school supplies) if it wasn't so expensive!!! And to be honest, I hardly bought anything for Austin!

You will see by Austin's first day of school picture, that he has sports performance first thing in the morning. This is actually good for him. He can literally crawl out of bed, throw on a baseball cap and leave for school. He showers and dresses after class. Pretty cool, eh? It is SO weird having a senior in high school. I thought I would be really excited to see him experience this year, but I am actually afraid. He is one of those people that really doesn't enjoy school and it is a struggle to keep him interested. That being said, he is one of the smartest, funniest, charming people I know. You just have to get him to show you that side of him. I have started to pray every day that God just puts the right people in his path.

Paige and Trent did well their first day. Rumor has it that Trent has a new blonde girl sitting across from him. Hhhmmm........ Let see if this whole "interest in blondes" thing is hereditary. He likes his new teacher, Mrs. Fuchs. She is funny and fun!! She was Paige's favorite teacher. She uses a colored card system for discipline. You know, a yellow card means five minutes off of recess, etc. Well, Trent is deathly afraid of the black card - going to the principal. Gosh, I hope that lasts.

Paige is tolerating school. She made it through her first day with Mr. Lehrke. She said she has a hard time knowing if he is joking or not. Yesterday she yawned and he told her he doesn't tolerate yawning in class. I guess she apologized and he had to tell her he was joking. :/ I pray every day that she find someone to be her buddy. Her class is pretty small (11 kids), and it a different group of kids. I think it is the first year she hasn't been with her friend, Megan, which is a little different for her.

I'm going to work on cleaning the house and getting it ready for fall. Vera said when she reads my blog it sounds like I am always cleaning! I guess I proved her right. Although, would I REALLY blog about just sitting in front of the TV and eating? HAHAHAH! Yep, have those days too.
Hugs!

1 comment:

Trish said...

You are the BEST mom ever!! I so look to you for advice and guidance, and I love that you took awesome pics for them to show at their weddings...:)

Love you!