AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Sunday, August 26, 2007

3:08 A.M.

Being the parent of a High Schooler is no easy task. Most days are "okay" at best. Then, some days are just plain jaw dropping. I literally go to bed thinking...WHAT??? Well, today was one of those days (or should I say LAST NIGHT).

Austin decided to spend yet another night at Andrew's house. Apparently his parents are WAY kinder than we are and they have food!?!?!?! Oh, and Andrew has a room off the the back of their garage where they can hang out. In other words, we are annoying, I need to grocery shop and Austin needs his space! HA! Anyhow, back to LAST NIGHT.

In addition to Austin being away, Paige decided to spend the night at Callan's house, across the street. Trent fell asleep about 9:00 p.m (never made it to the Brown's Game) and Mike and I went to bed around midnight....post footbal game.

At 3:08 a.m. I am awakend by loud voices and a bright light. Honestly, it looked like a UFO Light streaming through our bedroom window. I rubbed my eyes to wake up and look clearly. Out on our basketball court is about 10 High School Kids and 4 cop cars with the lights going!!! I was trying to wake Mike and couldn't really even get my thoughts out of my mouth. He quickly threw on clothes and I threw on a hoodie and we headed outside.

Apparently, Austin's friends decided to park his car on our basketball court so that he and his friends could toilet paper down the street. Well, there was apparently a lot of noise from the kids in the house and those toilet papering. The kids took off running, the neighbors called the police and the police searched with those huge lights through our development (hence the alien light thing I mentioned before). The police had already called the parents of each of the kids. I guess they were out in our driveway for 1/2 hour BEFORE I even awoke!!!

Well, all of a sudden we were acceptable parents....except for the fact that Austin wasn't there to witness it and will therefore continue his opinion until leaving for college. Those kids just loved us when their butts were on the line with the police!!! HA!

Needless to say, a little more drama than I like at 3:08 a.m. BUT, just a part of the territory in raising highschoolers!!!

No comments: