AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Friday, January 4, 2008

O HAPPY DAY!

I am not spontaneous. Not in the least. Actually, I am a planner. I plan too much. BUT, last night something spontaneous happened....and it was great! Trish called because she was able to buy tickets for the Hannah Montana concert and was surprising her daughter with the tickets for last night's performance. And you know what? I GOT TICKETS TOO! Yeah! At first I was nervous because:

1) I am not spontaneous. Remember?
2) I am paying off my credit cards and have been trying not to spend.
3) I have NO idea how to get to the "Q."

Anyways, I called Trish and she offered to drive us......IN THE LIMO SHE HAD RENTED! Big relief! I haven't had too many limo rides, so this was a treat. As usual, Trish's husband managed to surprise she and Jamie with this treat and we rode on their shirtails! (Thanks, Chris) And away we went! And for the record, that is the ONLY way to arrive at a concert. The girls felt like movie stars! (I will add a picture of the limo soon. I didn't take my camera. Trish did the photography. We forgot to take a picture of the limo and she had run out of battery. Therefore I took the picture on my cell phone. So...I have to have Paige get it on the blog. I'm too old and not as computer saavy!)




It was a complete whirlwind. Paige had to scramble to do homework immediately after school and then shower and "primp" for the concert.

I must say, Miley Cyrus is a doll and really put on a show. But those Jonas Brothers...... Okay, these guys are no Matthew McConaughey and they are a little young for me, BUT......cute, cute, cute! I almost like them more than Miley. Almost........

We had a blast! It was so worth it. It was a great time with friends, but more importantly, a great time with Paige. She seems to glow when we do these things together! We don't splurge too often in our house, but it really is worth the cost to have an evening like that with Paige.


Onto other things...... I have to finish this stinking alphabet.

The Letter "V"
Valerie.....my name. I was never really crazy about my name (sorry, to whomever named me). BUT, I did enjoy my name when I worked in Patent and License at BP. Why....you ask? Because I met my dear friend, Valerie Salvino and we had more fun sitting next to each other ...both being Val's.

Valerie Salvino...my true friend. Val has been my friend through everything. She is probably singlehandedly the FUNNIEST person I know. Sometimes it seems like we actually think the same things at the same time. She has a heart of gold and can be tough as nails. I admire so much of what she has done. She has raised a fabulous daughter, Mandy....and has given her the best. And, quite a bit of the time she had to do it all on her own. She is an awesome, awesome person.

Valentine's Day. Okay, I love Valentine's Day. And when I met Trish and saw that she has a Valentine Tree.....I had to have one too! Somehow it makes me "get over" the dismanteling of Christmas!

Vera - As you have seen in earlier posts, my dad remarried this year. He married Vera! I just love Vera. She is so funny and warm. Did I mention that she is active? WHEW! I can't keep up with her! I think she must be 20 years physically younger than I am! AND she thinks my dad is funny. HA! That's because she hasn't known him that long. We will check back with her in a few years! Hee hee. I don't want to get too mushy, but as for Vera marrying dad......it was a good thing.

Vacations - My family hasn't taken a vacation in almost five years. Seriously. That is so sad. We have had many things come up that just kept us either time-wise or financially from having a vacation. This summer...we are taking a vacation. Period. I don't really even care where we go. Since Austin will be going to college in the fall, I want our family to have the time together. So.....I will let you know when the plans are made. (Notice I said "plans"?)


Well, today I have to scramble to get a few things done. I have to make Amish Friendship Bread, thanks to Jen and I have to go to the Photographers to see Austin's Senior Pictures. UGH! I hate that we have to spend this money when I have friends that do a better job! I also have a little shopping to do and more sleepovers tonight!


Hugs to everyone!

2 comments:

Ryzmomplus2 said...

those pictures are awesome! and OMG a limo ride, how perfect for you all! Glad you had a great night out!

Trish said...

Hey you! My ears are still ringing, and I'm hoarse...how about you?

So happy I got to spend a night like that with you and Michelle and all the girls. They--and I--will remember it forever. Love you, girl!