AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Back In Business! (For Trisha Jones!)

Okay, well I haven't quite figured out why I am married to a computer genius but never have a computer that works properly! Anyhoo....I am back and in business.


You may have heard....the Buckeyes lost! BWHAAAA! I have to say, they were simply out-played. Eh.....we'll be back. Isn't that what you learn to say when living in Cleveland?


The biggest news around here would be our eventful weekend. Mike had to work in Chicago this weekend (again)! He left Friday evening. Friday after school, Trent came home and told me that he had his cub scout pinewood derby on Sunday. Oh....and he didn't have a car. It was more like a simple block of wood, four nails and four plastic wheels. I called my father-in-law and he agreed to help Trent make his car on Saturday. Well, to make a long story short, we found out that his car had to be weighed on Saturday at NOON! AHHHHH! Thank goodness I have a wonderful father-in-law. Trent and I basically jumped out of bed and got in the car on Saturday morning. We spent around three hours at Grandpa's. The guys worked on the car, painting the wood, adding the wheels, correcting the weight and making it race as fast as possible.


After leaving Grandpa's we went directly to the Annex at St. Paul to have the car weighed. When we arrived at St. Paul, I think both Trent and I were stunned. Honestly, these cars looked like masterpieces. There were cars that looked like KitKat Bars, Lizard Skins and Spiderman. The one that hit the hardest...was the one that was totally done like Ohio State. It was scarlet and grey with OSU decals. It was darling....and Trent's whole demeanor changed. It was then that I noticed that, not only did he want to compete in the Pinwood Derby with his DAD, but that he was holding a plain green block of wood. His car was basic.....SIMPLE, compared to the others. The plain block of wood was transformed into a green, plain block of wood. **sigh**


We weighed his car and had to leave it with the scoutmaster. When we got in the car, Trent was putting a good spin on everything. We discuss how it was "all about the speed" and not the paint job. We talked about how Austin's pinewood car had the same shape as Trent's and it was a winner! We discussed how next year dad wanted to spend "lots of time" making a cool Cleveland Browns car. (Yep, thought that one up quickly!)


On Sunday, my oh-so-wonderful husband rushed home from Chicago in order to attend the Pinewood Derby at 1:00 p.m. And guess what? Trent came in 3rd place! He is going to the next level of races! BEST of all? He got a trophy. You see, I have noticed that SOMEHOW a trophy makes everything better. Seriously! They should have trophies for eating the ONE meal your mom will make for dinner! Or, how about trophies for brushing your teeth! Better yet, a trophy for not wearing the same underwear two days in a row! Can you imagine the arguments that would be resolved if mother's only had an endless supply of trophies to hand out?




Anyhow, I have one happy scout on my hands! So....I'm going to be thankful for that!

On another note.....Is it windy enough for everyone? Our house sounded like a bag of bolts in the wind storm last night! Our trampoline went airborne across the development. It managed to take out our neighbor's lamp post during flight. It finally came to rest in ANOTHER neighbor's yard. Worse yet, our poor back-door neighbor! Last summer he finally finished building a wooden swingset for his young boys. He spent DAYS building this project only to have it blown over into our yard last night. Poor guy. He was out there hammering at 7:30 this morning.



I'm off to study the Book of Revelations with Paige's class. It has been such an interesting class. I have to say, I am learning so much and am very impressed with the teacher on this one!



Hugs!





P.S. Trisha Jones....I promise to get better. I NEVER want to be the reason you are bored at work. NEVER!

1 comment:

Ryzmomplus2 said...

That is so cool he got 3rd place! See just go's to show you - looks don't matter, its whats inside! Zach did his share of pinewoods - those are always fun!