AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Prom!

I just love Austin. Honestly. He is at such an exciting time in his life and I'm trying to watch him more closely. Not watch him as in "what is that kid up to," but more like, "I better try to soak up each moment." And, when your son graduates from high school, it seems like every day there is another moment that you need to soak in and put to memory, because it will never happen again. And this weekend was no different.

This weekend was Senior Prom.

Prom was held at the Cleveland Yacht Club. After Prom was at Five Seasons Fitness Club.

Before prom, everyone met at Krista's to take pictures. My friend, Trish, (also known as my favorite photographer) was kind enough to take pictures for me. The kids look absolutely
amazing. Ready for tons of pictures?





Didn't Austin look great? He has his grandpa's crooked smile! HA!

When Mike and I shaparoned the after prom, we heard several stories about kids "going out" on their prom dates or ditching them at the dance. Then, of course, there is the kids who ignore their date. I don't get it. Honestly, where are their parents? UGH! No manners! On the other hand, most of the kids had a wonderful time! It was cute to watch the boys do their best to be gentlemen!

Well, I soaked it all in and I love the guy in this picture. He is wonderful and I feel lucky and blessed. He is everything we could want in a son.

Hugs!

3 comments:

Trish said...

Val--so glad you liked the pics. What a great group of young men and women! I talked about them last night and again today. You should be very proud--they really were a great bunch.

And hello--when they're all as pretty and as handsome as this group, it isn't hard to photograph, believe me. I hope you like!

Thanks for asking me to do it! My pleasure...

Hugs!! Now go tell Mike to take the Cher wig off...

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Great pictures... go figure with Trish taking them :) - Austin is such a handsome doll! Isn't this such a fun time in their lives. I watch excited and nervous at the same time

Chris said...

These are amazing pictures!! The kids are all so gorgeous! I can't believe Austin is graduating!! Where has the time gone??!!

And..HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRENT!!!!!!!