AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Monday, June 9, 2008

Lots of Firsts and Lasts......

Our house has been in a constant state of firsts and lasts. We have been closing some doors and opening others. To begin my explanation, let me first give you proof that YES, AUSTIN DID GRADUATION FROM HIGH SCHOOL and we couldn't be more proud.




I look at Austin's group of close friends and I think, "they are truly a cast of characters." You may see some familiar faces. There is Ryan and Elliot, Marty, Andrew and Nick. Of course there is Jessie Hebert. Jessie left LW, but comes back EVERY day to visit and they still consider him a member of the LW Class of 08. So.....Congratulations everyone!


There were several interesting parts to Austin's graduation on June 6th. First off, IT WAS 95 degrees in the gymnasium. We had to take water bottles and mini fans to make it through the ceremony. My nephew Cory was the cross bearer. An old friend of Mike's family was the guest speaker. Mr. Waugh mentioned Austin in his speech (the 5'9" male who likes walks on the beach) AND Stephanie spoke as Valedictorian and mentioned our friend, Jessie Hebert. BUT, the most controversial event was the speech given by the salutatorian. Let's just say, it was rather inappropriate. He rehearsed one speech and gave a different speech at graduation. There weren't too many happy faces (especially the principal sitting behind him). I guess we will be talking about this for years! HA!


Another door closing is .....TRENT FINISHED SECOND GRADE! Below is Trent with a picture of his teacher, Mrs. Fuchs. Notice the effort in looking at the camera while being hugged by your teacher? I have found one of the "tests" for a great teacher is how I feel at the end of the year when looking forward to the next. This year, I know Trent is academically prepared, but I think "how will we do it without her?" THAT, my friends, is how you know you have a keeper. I have a lot more gushing to do about Mrs. Fuchs. That will come in the future. ;)


PAIGE GRADUATED 8TH GRADE! Well, of course you knew that because I showed the video of her singing. But, I MUST post a picture of her with Mr. Lehrke. Again, another great teacher. We had such a great year, knowing our kids were in their hands.
Lastly, our dear friend and music teacher, Miss Schaeffer is leaving St. Paul! I can't believe it. I remember when Austin first started at St. Paul. The music program consisted of the teachers playing the piano and teaching songs to their students in the classroom. When Miss Schaeffer came on board, there was lessons in rhythm and dance, handbell lessons for everyone, guitar lessons in 7th and 8th grade, drum lessons and introductions to music from many different cultures. She is going to be difficult to replace. Period. We will miss you, Miss Schaeffer!

Here is to a great summer!

2 comments:

Trish said...

Love the grad shots, Val! You have a handsome bunch there--can't wait for the party! Let me know if I can help out for Paige's bash, okay? Call you later...

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Great graduation pics! Such a doll - so much going on this year - I love how our lives are so parallel right now! We can both go crazy together!!!