AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

This Is What Nine Looks Like.....

Well, FINALLY the day has arrived. Don't get me wrong. I am not the one who has biting at the bit for this day. Today is Trent's 9th birthday and he is thrilled. I, on the other hand, am happy for Trent, but sad that he is growing SO fast. I don't think my other two children grew this quickly. Is it just me? Anyhow...HAPPY 9TH BIRTHDAY, TRENT! Mike and Paige are in Washington, D.C., so this birthday may not have the usual fanfare. Tonight, Austin and I are going to Trent's baseball game and then Trent got to choose his favorite restaurant for dinner. He chose Applebees...so Applebees it is!

So...this is what "9" looks like:



On another note, I hope Mike gets to check the blog while he is in Washington. He may just get a laugh! I found this school project in his backpack and BUSTED up. Okay, now you all know I hate pictures of myself. Obviously, the portrait at the side of the blog isn't an actual photo, yet I love how Trent depicted me. (You know, skinny legs, etc.....) Well, now it is Mike's turn and I love it. I will keep this FOREVER, I tell you! Feast your eyes on this masterpiece:



My favorite part.....the hair! Okay, Mike's hair DOES NOT look like that, but I think it is so stinking cute! This is what he wrote about Mike:


My Dad is an amazing father. He's awesome at teaching me to get better at basketball. His spaghetti is terrific. It's so funny when he takes the dog out because my dog yanks him. My dad is really exciting when it's Brown's season because he gets tickets. He's extraordinary because every day he takes me to the batting cages. My dad is sweet.

May I state for the record, my nine-year-old is a keeper?!?!!?

We are busy rounding out Austin's senior year. He has a few year-end projects that he is busily working on. We have baccalaureate tomorrow and prom this weekend. Woo-hoo! Thought I would throw in his most recent Abercrombie Modeling Photo. HA! He is a doofus!

Have a good day!

Hugs!

1 comment:

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Happy birthday to Trent - love the picture and note about Mike. And Austin... what a doll!!!!!