AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

One Down..............

Well, you have all listened to me whine for months now about how busy I will be this spring/summer with confirmations, graduations and birthdays. Well, we finally have the confirmation behind us! Paige was confirmed on Sunday at St. Paul Lutheran...and she looked beautiful. Here is her confirmation class!

We had a small reception following, at our home. This is where the stress begins! I was mostly stressed about how messy my scrapbook room is, considering it is STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS. So, I did as I usually do....and I didn't touch it. Nope. I didn't clean it. I chose, instead, to divert everyones attention! HA! But, I do promise to try to have it cleaned for Austin's graduation party. Deal? Marilyn was gracious enough to come to my home while we were at the service, so that the caterers could be let inside. I received a text message from her while in church that the dog had an accident while the caterers were setting up. That's always a nice touch. HA! I'm glad she is a trooper!

Wanna see some party photos?

Trish Turay was sweet enough to let me borrow her chocolate fountain! It was a HUGE hit. As a matter of fact, I should probably just had several chocolate fountains and skipped the caterers. There wasn't ONE piece of fruit left after the party. There was a constant gathering around the fountain and I heard Paige's friends discussing putting their mouths under the fountain after the party was over! I was able to put an end to that it time, although I must admit I had the same thought!



I was also fortunate enough to use the flower arrangements created by Jen Bueck's sister. Don't they look fabulous? I always thought I was patient until I tried to recreate those arrangements.

Listen, I also have to give a note of apology. I borrowed the arrangements from Jen and I didn't give her an invitation. That's right. Tacky. I THOUGHT I gave her an invitation, but apparently it was in my scrapbooking tote and never made it's way to the mailbox (long story). Sorry Jen!!! I owe you big-time! Thank goodness she is understanding and knows how messed up I can get!

Paige created this shadow box as her confirmation project. Each confirmand is supposed to create a project using their confirmation verse. I love how Paige's turned out! She used colors that she knew would work in her room so that she can display it!


On the treats table I made a simple (emphasis on the word SIMPLE) layout that displayed her Statement of Faith. Each confirmand had to write a Statement of Faith and present it before the confirmand families. They all did an awesome job!


All in all, what a great weekend. Paige was happy and I think everyone managed to enjoy a few minutes of their time. Thank you to all of you who attended. It meant so much to Paige.


On another note....LOOKY, LOOKY! It takes me a while, but every once in awhile I complete a decorating project! I FINALLY got my photos framed and completed my foyer display. I really like it. Normally, I would criticize my project for a few months...but I actually REALLY like this! Yippee!


Well, one party down....two to go. Off to plan................

Hugs!

1 comment:

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Everything looks beautiful! Sounds like it all went great! I love your pictures and uppercase living...