AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

She Made Me Do It!

Well, apparently Tina is going to make me blog again! She has "tagged" me on her blog.



Here are the rules:


Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.


Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


Here are my 7 random/weird facts:


1. I have a facebook account and I have five friends on it. HA! Four of the five are Austin's friends from high school.

2. I like to take steamy hot showers, but I leave the shower door open a bit for cool air to come in. (It doesn't make sense to me either!)

3. I don't like to wear a coat or shoes. Both make me uncomfortable. I have been known to tiptoe to my car in the snow....in barefeet. I just carry the shoes, in the case there is an accident!

4. I rarely watch movies or television that are rated higher than PG13. Maybe I just got used to this because of the kids. Anyways, the language, violence, etc. seems to bug me more now! I tell my kids that it "bothers my spirit." That always brings laughter, followed by comments about how strange I am.

5. I want to live in a little house on the prairie. Really. Just like the show. I could TOTALLY live in the middle of nowhere. Plus, I like the thought of all the simplicity.

6. I miss my kids when they go to sleepovers, etc. Most parents love it, I seem to be a little "different."

7. Rarely, do I do anything and think I have done a "good enough" job. So....where do you think Paige's OCD comes from?

8. I cannot eat leftovers. Period. They gross me out. Okay....I will eat leftover stuffing, but that's it! I cannot even CLEAN UP left overs. That is up to Mike. They make my stomach flip-flop.

9. I can flip my eyelids inside out and I can wiggle my ears (without using my hands, of course).

10. I don't get out of my car until the garage door is shut behind me. I heard a story long ago about a woman being attacked in her driveway while in her car. So.....it stuck. Now, I only get out once locked in my garage. To all you "attackers" out there.......get me BEFORE I enter the garage.

Now....I tag Austin, Chris, Paige, Pam and Jen F.

On another note, the cord to my camera is broken! I cannot upload pictures. I ordered one from ebay, only to find out it is being sent from HONG KONG ! Holy Cow! So....it may be a bit before I can update with pictures.

I haven't blogged much lately, because I AM OVERWHELMED! I am working on Lutheran West's Afterprom, a sweetheart dance at Paige's school, confirmation, 8th grade graduation, a senior graduation, volleyball.....and the list goes on and on and on. So.......sorry I have been gone, but priorities...ya know?

I am working hard at finding the right high school situation for Paige. Still considering Lutheran West, Avon and homeschooling. Who knows? Everyday I think there is a different "correct" answer.

Austin still hasn't made a final decision on college. I feel bad for him. It can be a lot of pressure, making a decision like this. Just hoping he can be happy...somewhere!

Trent is taking his stadardized testing this week in school. He is such a funny kid. He is LOVING these tests! He is stressing a little bit about not getting ALL the answers correct, but he loves taking tests! Plus, not having homework for a week is a bit appealing too!

I think we will have a low-key Easter this year. I don't have a lot of time to bake, etc., but that isn't the reason we celebrate anyways! I am looking forward to Easter, though! It is honestly one of my favorite times of year! PLUS, Trent can eat hotdogs again. The whinning will stop. Life will be good...again! HA!

Let me leave you with a beautiful little poem I copied off of the internet...somewhere.

Heaven's Very Special Child

A meeting was held quite far from earth
“It’s time again for another birth”
Said the angels to the Lord above
This child will need much love
His progress may be very slow
Accomplishments he may not show
And he’ll require extra care
From the folks he will meet down there

He may not run, or laugh or play
His thoughts may seem quite far away
In many ways he won’t adapt
And he’ll be known as handicapped
So let’s be careful where he’s sent
We want his life to be content
Please Lord, find the person who
Will do this special job for you
They may not realize straight away
The learning role they’re asked to play
But with this child sent from above
Comes stronger faith and richer love
And soon they’ll know the privilege given
Their precious child so meek and mild
Is Heaven's Very Special Child
I guess you pretty much know how I feel about austism and other disabilities found in our beautiful kids. I guess this is why I love the poem so much!
God Bless Your Day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok....
1. I dont have a blog
2. I have already done this
3. I'm pretty sure you read it haha

If you wish it to be shown to all of your buddies you may copy and paste it. Love you mom

Austin

Ryzmomplus2 said...

yeah! She blogs! I love your list, though you got some good/strange answers! ha ha - so glad to "see" you posting! I miss the humor! I need the humor!

Jen Forbus said...

Good Lord woman! You and I both need to go take classes on saying "No." :) Don't overdo it!!