AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Friday, March 21, 2008

Love Is......

Do you remember......

the "Love Is...." cartoons? Being a child in the '70s, the "Love is" cartoons could be found everywhere. They were on t-shirts, mugs, magnets, etc. AND it isn't surprising. After the free-love decade of the '60s, it was only fitting that we hit the '70s trying to define love. Fast forward to today. It is thirty years later and people are still searching for their definition of love.

It is Holy Week, and I have been thinking a great deal about the past year. (I know, most people do this at New Years!) And I have come to realize a few things. First off, I am hardly a perfect person. My family.....not perfect. I don't have all the answers. As a matter of fact, most days I am grappling for answers. I struggle with many things, as do most people. BUT what I DO know, is I do NOT have to look for the answer to that question "What is Love?" Is it because I have a great marraige? Nope. Although I do! Is it because I have three awesome kids? Nope. But I do, and I wouldn't trade them (most days)! Is it because I have an amazing group of friends? I do, but that's not it either!

How about if I share my secret?



This is what love is. It costs you nothing (the price has been paid). It doesn't matter what you look like, how much wisdom you have, how much money you earn or what kind of mistakes you have made. This love never goes away. It is unconditional and undying.

God Bless all my wonderful friends during this Holy Season and beyond. May your search for love end at the foot of the cross!

Hugs!

3 comments:

Chris said...

Thank you for the BEAUTIFUL message Val!!! Happy Easter to you & the family!!!!
HUGS!!!!!
Chris

Trish said...

Love you to pieces, Val! Beautiful message--and perfectly stated. I hope you have a wonderful holiday--and that all the work you have put into your holiday is not only acknowledged, but appreciated by all! Big hugs!

Jen Forbus said...

In the words of George,

"I saw God today..."

in you. Thanks Val. Happy Easter, my friend!