AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

SNOWED UNDER

Well, Easter has passed with it usual fanfare! I love Easter. In my book, it runs a CLOSE second to Christmas. But, I must admit, I don't like Easter to arrive so early. And, I must also admit, I am happy that I won't be around in 120 years (or whatever) to have it happen again. I am a little "holidayed -out." (Yes, I did just create my own word!) Easter day church seemed a little odd. Very few were dressed in their "easter-finery" with it being snowy outside. Paige and I wore black. That seems odd too, considering the church season! But, oh well.. I will post a few pictures, since everyone else does!





I hope to have a low key week this week. The kids want friends over everyday, and I am okay with that idea. Austin is painting his room and I am painting Trent's. I have been watching the progress my friend, Tina is making on her family room make-over and have been inspired. Let's just see if the room turns out the way it looks in my mind. There are definately times when that doesn't happen!

I am in the midde of preparing for the kids parties this spring. Paige has a few confirmation projects to finish this week, as well. AND, Paige and I are planning a dance to be held a week from Saturday. I am totally nervous about this. I had it well under control, until it was cancelled due to the "blizzard of '08." It has been rescheduled, but I feel it is lacking the interest it once had. I have to work on this, as well, this week.

Lastly, let me mention a few points of interest in regards to TV this week. Brittany Spears has made her first television appearance, acting on a sitcom. My opinions of Brittany have changed a bit. My heart aches for her now. I think she is ill and in an environment that seems to make it all much worse. I hope this is a new start for her! You go, girl!

Secondly, does anyone other than myself watch "The Bachelor?" Man, I subject myself to watching this trainwreck EVERY SINGLE SEASON! It's one of those things that you know you shouldn't do, yet you are back doing it each week. If you watch, may I make one statement. I WILL NEVER....EVER....SING, DANCE, WRITE POETRY OR WRITE MUSIC FOR SOMEONE I AM INTERESTED IN AND HAVE KNOWN FOR ........one day? It's to the point where these women are embarassing themselves. Sometimes I have to change the channel because I cannot bear to watch them. They are corney and desperate. Wow. (phew...that felt good.)

Okay, I must go paint. Hopefully, tomorrow I will have something more important to speak of!

Peace out, homie!

1 comment:

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Is no one looking???? I too have watched the bachelor and the embarrassment these woman put themselves through... I finish watching going "why did I watch this"