AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

HOLY! Week




I can't sit still. I am so excited that this week is Holy Week. Of course, the main reason I love Holy Week is because it is a renewal. New Life....Spring. It reaffirms everything I believe. It's the time of year when we should all realize just how much we are loved by God.

Of course, there are other reasons that Holy Week is exciting. Firstly, Trent gets to eat potato chips again. PRAISE GOD! No more whining....no more begging.....no more salivating. Also, as much as it is a spiritual holiday, the bunny thing is pretty fun. I am trying several new recipie ideas, such as molded sugar. I am on my third unsuccessful batch. Last night, I was about to throw in the towel. Today....I am gonna get this if it kills me. They are too pretty to pass up!

Our morning was pretty rocky. Austin just plain old doesn't want to go to school anymore. Trent refused to get out of bed because Ohio State didn't win. And my Paige, well.....I wasn't that nice to her this morning. Did you ever do that? You fight with your kids before school, maybe say something hurtful just because you are grouchy and then they are out the door. She looked hurt when I dropped her off and I have felt guilty all morning. Why do I do that? She is so sensitive and she is really the LAST person I would want to hurt. So, in the spirit of Holy Week, I turned to the Bible and the verse to the right popped out. God is good like that. He puts his words before me to whip me into shape and I needed it. I will, once again, be apologizing to Paige tonight. It is a good thing for me, that she is so forgiving and kind. I'm glad she allows her mom to screw up and apologize!

I'm meeting dad for lunch today. That will be fun....Panera! I am going to do a little Easter shopping and then pick up the kids. I'm going to try to make a bit of Austin's track meet and then take Paige to voice lessons. I love taking her there and listening to her sing. Mike and I were talking about that last night-how if Paige never sang for anyone else we would always want to hear her just sing for us. :)
Anyhow, in the spirit of Holy Week...do yourself a favor. Give a little time to God. Ponder all of your blessings and then praise him!

"The loss of mystery has led to the loss of majesty.
The more we know, the less we believe.
No wonder there is no wonder.
We think we've figured it all out.
Strange, don't you think?
Knowledge of the working shouldn't negate wonder.
Kowledge should stir wonder.
Who has more reason to worship than the
astronomer who has seen the stars?
Than the surgeon who has held a heart?
Than the oceanographer who has pondered the depths?"
.............Max Lucado

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I Love Max Lucado

Erika