AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Julie and Julia

Alert! Alert! Alert! ..............................
I have a new favorite movie! Have you seen Julie and Julia? If you haven't, you MUST. Be forwarned, it is a chick flick...but it is soooo good! It is light and sweet and entertaining! But one of the things I love THE MOST about this movie is the things it has inspired me to do. Rather, it has inspired me to add a few things to the ol' bucket list!

Here are a few additions:

1. I want to learn how to do a little french cooking. And I think I need to take a look at The Joy of Cooking!

2. I want to wear pearls while I cook. (humor me)

3. I want to have dinner on a roof top in the city...and I'm not talking the City of Avon.

4. I want to have a large sit-down dinner party for a group of friends........

to mention a few. PLUS, it stars Meryl Streep who is one of my most favorite actresses (and you can now add Amy Adams to that list) and the story revolves around blogging. That being said, this movie is a MUST-SEE!

So, what else is new?

Many days of rain. Okay, that's not so new but this is that type of rain that comes with a really freaky sky and then a major storm blows in and out in a matter of minutes. We received a call from my father-in-law that John and Karen's old development in Westlake got hit hard. In his words, "it looks like a war zone." We rode out to see......and he was right. Trees down everywhere. And I mean EVERYWHERE. There were trees on houses and trees on cars, trees blocking streets and trees on power lines.

I had to go outside to get a picture of the sky because it was that weird. (Not bad for the storm princess, right dad?)

When I turned around to go back into the house after taking the pictures, I got a sweet surprise!


Hope you have lots of sweet faces looking your way today!

1 comment:

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Awe, I totally loved that movie too and I was so inspired by it also.... can't wait for your dinner party, I hope I'm on the guest list :)