AND I DO QUOTE:

The cross is the greatest example of humility and devotion in the universe. Jesus put your needs ahead of His own. He considered you more valuable than Himself. - Chip Ingram

Monday, August 4, 2008

It's Not Often

It's not often that you get this kind of smile out of Trent.



If you haven't noticed, he is on the shy side. BUT, put this kid with his cousin, Kyle and he is all smiles. Today, Jane, Kim and I took the two boys to the Natural History Museum. We had the best time. Both boys had been to the museum when they were much younger, but they don't remember it.

We learned about a Barn Owl and an Opossum (named Polly Pocket) and even petted a snake. That darn Barn Owl had a little accident. (Notice anyone plugging their nose at the scent?) This whole petting the snake thing was quite an undertaking for Trent. Remember, this is the same kid that wouldn't milk the cow on his school field trip. Times are a changin'! Eh....and a little healthy peer pressure doesn't hurt either!


There was also a special "toadally cool" exhibit on frogs. (No I didn't come up with that. Give credit to the museum for that little ditty.) You know how us Blackburns LOVE frogs, so it was a hit. They even had a computer with videos of different frogs catching and eating insects. YOU GOTTA LOVE THAT! HA!

BUT, the things I loved most about this trip was:

1) Kyle was the "instructor." Honestly, Jane, Kim and I walked around chatting while Kyle explained all the exhibits to Trent; and

2) the genuine curiosity that comes when touring a museum.

Couldn't have had a better day!
Lastly, I have to leave you with this quote that I found. I wish I could have it made into a T-shirt. I simply love it.
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says 'Oh No.....She's Awake'


2 comments:

Ryzmomplus2 said...

You always crack me up! Looks like a great time! My dad always told me there is so much to see in our own downtown!

Trish said...

Loved this post, Val! Miss you and I'm glad I'm home. Need to catch up...

Trent's smile is infectious!! You have the most beautiful kids...and they earned it honestly...